Who can participate?
The Award is open to all public and private enterprises and organisations in the Republic of Mauritius . For the purpose of the NPQEA 2022/23, the following definitions will apply:
• Category: Small & Medium private enterprises including micro enterprises (annual turnover of less than 100 million MUR)
• Category: Large private and mid-market enterprises (annual turnover of more than 100 million MUR)
• Category: Government departments, parastatals and Registered associations
Benefits of participation
• Showcasing and recognition of achievements with Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards following online assessments and presentations to a local panel of jurors
• Recognition of outstanding quality and productivity improvement initiatives at an Award Ceremony
• Higher employee morale
• Enhanced prestige in the community/industry
• Identification and adoption of best practices
• National media exposure
• Participation of best teams at the 48th International Quality Control Convention (ICQCC) which will be held in Beijing China in 2023 (*conditions will apply) and/or at the Africa Kaizen Award (AKA) 2023
How to participate?
Participants are advised to check the web site regularly for updated information
• All applicants have to register online by the 17th February 2023.
• Up to 2 entries per organisation (2 teams) are allowed in each category.
• Improvement activity(ies) may be related to Productivity and Quality improvement such as: Quality Circles, Innovation, Business Excellence, Productivity Improvement, Lean Management, digital transformation, Sustainability etc
• Any improvement activity(ies) implemented in 2021 - 2022 and first quarter of 2023 are eligible for participation
• Incomplete registration sheet/entries will not be accepted.
• The NPCC team will conduct online training sessions for the NPQEA 2022/23 in March 2023. Calendar of training sessions will be communicated later, and participants will receive a link to access the online training
• All participants will compete for a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Award on April 2023 and will be assessed virtually by local jurors.
• A site visit will be conducted at the seat of Gold Awardees in each category to select the Grand Winner in each category.