1. National Productivity and Quality Convention 2019
- The National Productivity and Quality Convention 2019 (NPQC 2019) is organised by the National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC).
- The NPQC is open to all organisations in Mauritius and Rodrigues.
- All participants in each category will compete for a Gold, Silver or Bronze Award during a 2-day Convention from 28th to 29th May 2019.
- The Gold Awardees, in each category, will make a final presentation to an international panel of judges and the best teams will represent Mauritius at the International Convention for Quality Control Circles in Japan in September 2019.
2. Participation at the National Convention and Technical Presentations
3. Information and Confidentiality
- Entry to the National Convention shall be made on the online prescribed registration form with the abstract and submitted by 25th April 2019.
- Two entries are allowed by each participating organisation.
- Only projects implemented in 2017-2018 and first quarter of 2019 are eligible for participation.
- Registration and Abstract sent after the registration deadline will not be considered.
- Incomplete registration form and abstract will not be considered. Submission of abstract will not entitle for participation until accepted by the NPCC.
- Providing false information and data will disqualify the participants.
- Send your final Presentation Slides in Pen drive/CD to the NPCC at least one (1) week before the competition event scheduled on 28th May 2019.
- Bringing your presentation on the day of the Convention will be at your own risk if time does not allow for uploading and running of the presentation.
- More than one (1) participant can deliver the presentation bearing in mind that the time allocated for the presentation is 20 minutes. Inform the organisers if you have any special presentation requirements other than PowerPoint such as: Video, Internet access or computer audio, etc.
- Failure to turn-up at your allocated time-slot will be interpreted as a withdrawal from the competition.
- The judges’ decision assessing the presentation shall be final.
4. Trophies, Certificates and Publicity
- All information and data provided will be treated with strict confidentiality.
- Photographs of the teams/company will be used for marketing purposes before, during and after the convention in Mauritius and in Japan.
- We will seek your permission to publish the case studies presented at the Convention.
- Winners shall grant the National Productivity and Competitiveness Council (NPCC) the right to publish their names and photographs.
- All participating organisations will receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze Award based on the results of the technical sessions and a certificate of participation.
- The NPCC will fund the participation of the Grand Winners (maximum of two (2) participants per team) in each category to the ICQCC 2019 in Japan.
- All entries shall become the property of the organiser.
- Participation in the NPQC 2019 shall imply acceptance of the rules and regulations.
- The NPCC shall be the deciding authority on any matter not specifically covered under these rules and regulations.